Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Great Blogger/Google Stats Panic: Google’s Stats Counters for Its Blogs Wiped Out at Circa 8 P.M. Tonight!

By Nicholas Stix

At 8:00 pm. tonight, when the new stats day began at Google’s Blogger, this blog showed over 1.4 million hits since July 1, 2010. Most of those hits were since January 1 or this year, during which time I have been averaging a little over 3,000 hits per day, for an annual pace of 1.1 million.

Prior to July 1, 2010, I never had a blog counter, because like the proverbial, rational ass who stood equidistant between two equal stacks of hay, and couldn’t make up his mind and thus starved to death, I couldn’t make up my mind. Blogger then installed its own counter without asking, so I went with that. Its counter claimed to begin on June 1, 2009, but after a month or two, there was an exactly one-year jump in the month count, so I ignored the 2009 date, and was not aware of there being any counter, prior to 2010.

However, prior to 2011, I didn’t post very often, sometimes going uop to two weeks without posting, while I worked on an investigative report for Peter Brimelow or Jared Taylor.

Then my obsessive-compulsive personality bit, and I started posting an average of over three items per day.

Naturally, paranoia set in, when I couldn’t find any of my stats from prior to 8 p.m., but it turns out that if anyone was hacked, it was all Google blogs, or at least a great many, as the Blogger Forum has been inundated since 7:48 p.m. with desperate complaints from bloggers in English and Spanish.

I’ll let you know, when there’s any news.

No comments: